The United Way
of Greater Atlanta Early Learning Teacher Career Pathway fills Greater Atlanta's need for qualified early learning teacher substitutes while providing training for those seeking employment in early childhood care and education.
The program includes a training
class that covers health and safety, how children birth to five develop and learn, and how to work with children to support their
development and learning. The class is followed by a two-day
internship in a quality early learning center.
- Comprehensive training and resource materials
- Potential for 25+ state-approved training hours for classroom and online training
- CPR and First Aid certification
- State-required background check and fingerprint scan
- Career counseling
- Connection to potential employers
- Age 18+ with a minimum of a high school diploma or GED
- Three character references
- Telephone interview with a United Way representative
- Clean background check and fingerprint scan (during training)
Over the past 15 years, more than 3,900 individuals have graduated from more than 180 classes and worked with thousands of young children in Atlanta and Georgia!